I ordered a new sewing machine today and I am literally doing cartwheels waiting for it to get here. I’m ready to start making some adorable shoes, burp cloths, bibs and clothes!. EEEK. I do have a confession to make though….I haven’t sewn since my sixth grade home economics class. That was by hand and I made one pillow. I have never used a sewing machine. Luckily, my aunt is coming down to visit and she is a sewing genius, so I guess I will have to have her show me the ropes. As I do these projects, I will post the tutorials and the outcome of my project. I’m excited, excited, excited!
You are four and a half months today and you are turning into a beautiful and joyous baby. I never thought I would be a mommy and then you came along and I was instantly amazed by how quickly I adjusted. You have completely changed how I view the world and what I want for myself, you and our tiny family. Before you were born I didn’t really know what I wanted in life and didn’t really care to think about it. I went to school because I thought it was the right thing to do, not because I wanted to. I worked minimum wage jobs just to get by. I wasn’t going anywhere and I was okay with that. Now that you are here, I want to be some much more, do so much more. I no longer want to just fly by the seat of my pants or just hope I can make it to the next paycheck. I want you to be proud of me, I want you to be able to go to school and proudly say my Mommy is a Chef or my Mommy is a Marine. I want you to be able to say that I did everything in my power to give you the life you deserve. I want for you to view me as the coolest Mom ever and be excited for your friends to come and meet me. So, I promise you that I will do whatever it takes to do what I can to ensure that you have everything you could ever want or need in life and will always make you proud to have me as a Mommy.
I would like to [very] discreetly point out the nifty new blog header. -insert long pause here- that I made all by myself!!!!! Using Picasa! I am very proud of it especially since it is my very first one 🙂 What do you think about it and do you prefer the darker look or the lighter one?
I never thought I would adjust to being a momma. I always told myself I would never have children and they were just not my cup of tea. My cousin had a baby when I was 18 and I remember her little girl drooling and me telling her to “get it away from me” I referred to her play pen as a cage and on more than one occasion called her daughter a dog. Never out of mean-ness, of course. When I found out I was expecting it was no surprise that my family was very concerned that I would never quite grow into the mothering kind. I now would disagree immensely.
In fact, I have become so much of a mommy, that I decided to write a post dedicated to the things that I have done that are a little odd, amusing and weird.
- I kiss my mother, boyfriend, brother and sister in an exaggerated way. Sounding something like “MMMMMMMMMWUAH!”
- I find myself talking in the “baby voice” all the time. You know the voice, higher pitched, excited and big facial expressions.
- I evaluate poop. I walked my dog the other morning and as she was doing her business, I noticed it was green. Then I began to think of the things she must have eaten for it to be that color.
- I ALWAYS go to the baby aisles in stores to make sure they haven’t gotten any new binkies or there aren’t any new clothes that weren’t there when I was in shopping this morning.
- I do everything much more quickly. Even if the baby is sleeping or even if he isn’t with me. You never know when he might wake up or start crying.
- I constantly think of the things he needs never mind that I don’t own any clothes outside of my maternity clothes or I need a pair of shoes.
- I make lists for EVERYTHING and EVERY time i leave the house. I find things go smoother on a schedule.
- I no longer own a purse. My diaper bag is now my purse.
- I no longer own a car. My car is now my diaper bag.
What are some weird things that you have done? Any funny momma moments?
I haven’t posted in a month. I have been so busy with babycakes and work that I haven’t had much time for anything else. So, I am getting some stuff together for a post filled with exciting news and creative things. Keep checking back for a new post.
I decided to do a blog because I, like so many others, have little else to do. I mean besides care for an infant, work, clean and start back to school. Besides all that, I decided I just need something to share my ideas, my story, my rants and just about anything I feel fit to include in here. Mostly about life as a young mother with one child, a beautiful baby boy named Ryker Grayson.
I also intend to give my readers some creative ideas I find and inspiration for some neat baby crafts. So, I hope you enjoy and remember to follow me, because I will be updating frequently.